Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Big Fat Butt

Claire was digging through clean, folded laundry today looking for a pair of panties.  She found a pair of mine and held them up in the air, marveling, to get a better look.  She was staring very intently.  As she walked toward me, I could see her little face through one of the leg holes. She looked completely and utterly amazed.

"Dese (these).........Dese so BIG.  Dese yours?!?"

To me, it sounded more like an accusation than a question.  I should have said something defensive, like "Don't judge, I ate too much ice-cream last week," or "I've had four babies.  Lay off, toothpick!"  But, I didn't because she's 2 and I'm lame.  That is all I have to say on the matter because, as Micah used to say, "She broke my feelings!"

The Gigantic End

2 comments :

  1. ohhhh... Reminds me of the kids running home from the school bus saying a man was talking to them. A reallllly old man. How old? Old like you mom.

    ReplyDelete