Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Little Preckle of Nonsense

My Micah says the silliest things.  Sometimes he even invents his own words.  My favorite of late is "preckle."  I'm not certain that I could define it exactly (being that it is not a real word and all), but it applies to very small things or a very small amount of something and seems to be a combination of the words speck, freckle and sprinkle.  Example: "Please may I have just a preckle of ice-cream?"

Another great word was invented when I was recently sitting on the ground in the sun with Micah next to me. He was rolling all over me the way five year old boys are obligated to when their mothers stop moving for more than ten simultaneous seconds.  Then, this conversation happened:

Me:  Ow Micah!

Micah: What did I do?

Me: You stuck your elbow in my kidney.

Micah: Wait. You have kidneys right there?

Me: Yes.

Micah: Oh...I thought you had grown-up-neys.

Yep, that's what I have.  If I ever have a urinary tract infection, I'll tell the doctor to give me a preckle of antibiotics before it spreads to my grown-up-neys.  Makes sense to me.

I think I'm going to start writing a Dictionary of Made-Up Terms so that people can understand our particular brand of nonsense.

No comments :

Post a Comment