Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Jeffersons


So, we homeschool our kids.  As you can imagine, this results in some very intellectual discussions.  We've been learning about money recently, including which president is on what coins/bills.  This jewel of a conversation came a few days after these lessons.

Emma: Who is George Jefferson? I heard Mom talking about George Jefferson earlier.  

Micah: Uh, I know! He's the guy on the nickel!

Emma: Oooohhhhhhh........

For those of you who don't know, George Washington is on the dollar, Thomas Jefferson is on the nickel, and THIS is George Jefferson....



The best part about all of this is that the person that she actually remembered me talking about earlier was Mr. Rogers. ( I had dressed Judah in an old man sweater and said he looked like him).  For those of you who don't know, THIS is Mr. Rogers.  


So, to summarize today's lesson for you all, 

+    is not =


 or            


Got it? I've got to say, this has left me feeling like the most competent teacher EVER.  

2 comments :